We are hiring again, this time for an Entry Level position. If you want to join our team, here is the job description:
The candidate will work under the direct leadership of a principal/project manager and will assist with all aspects of the design and production of residential, commercial and public architectural works. Additional duties may include some production of marketing materials as needed.
• First and foremost you are an exceptional designer who excels working in a collaborative and creative environment
• A ‘can do’ work attitude on all tasks from the mundane to the extraordinary
• Solid verbal, written, and graphic communication skills in order to evenly manage day to day affairs with clients and contractors
• Open to learning the technical aspects of materials use, construction techniques and details, especially light wood framing and building envelopes.
• Ready to dive in with Seattle’s DCI Project Portal and bend it to our will!
• A Bachelors or Master’s degree in architecture from an accredited university is required.
• Architectural license not required.
• Experience with BuiltGreen, LEED or Passive House would be beneficial.
• 0-3 years of experience.
• Proficient with architectural drafting software, preferably ArchiCAD (Note – we do not use AutoCAD). We will train if you don’t have ArchiCAD experience but are ready to learn.
• Proficient with Sketchup
• Highly proficient with Adobe creative suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop and InDesign
• Familiar with Microsoft Office suite, emphasis on Word and Excel
CAST architecture is a small full service architectural firm specializing in residential design and small scale public and commercial works. Our office is friendly and low-key. We enjoy working collaboratively, have a tradition of Friday afternoon design crits, and actively foster a team approach in all of our endeavors. We pride ourselves in promoting a healthy work/life balance and passions and interests outside the office.
Submit a cover letter, resume and samples of design work digitally to employment@CASTarchitecture.com. We will review and respond to everyone by October 30th at the latest.
No phone calls or hand-delivered applications please.