We are hiring again, this time for a Project Architect. If you want to join our team, here is the job description:
The candidate will work under the direct leadership of a principal/project manager and will assist with all aspects of the design and production of residential, commercial and public architectural works. The candidate will be tasked with collaborative design with a principal through Schematic Design, then be responsible for Design Development, Construction Documents, Permitting and Construction Administration. Additional duties may include some production of marketing materials as needed.
• First and foremost you are an exceptional designer who excels working in a collaborative and creative environment
• A ‘can do’ work attitude on all tasks from the mundane to the extraordinary
• Solid verbal, written, and graphic communication skills in order to evenly manage day to day affairs with clients and contractors
• A well rounded understanding of the technical aspects of materials use, construction techniques and details, especially light wood framing and building envelopes.
• Able to reliably estimate design time required for a project, and meet promised schedules.
• A firm grasp of Seattle’s Land use and building codes, as well as permitting requirements.
• Ability to complete a single family residential construction document set with minimal oversight.
• Ability to successfully navigate Seattle’s DCI with minimal oversight.
• A Bachelors or Master’s degree in architecture from an accredited university is required.
• Architectural license preferred but not required.
• Experience with BuiltGreen, LEED or Passive House would be beneficial.
• 5+ years of experience.
• Highly proficient with architectural drafting software, preferably ArchiCAD (Note – we do not use AutoCAD). We will train if you don’t have ArchiCAD experience but are ready to learn.
• Highly proficient with Sketchup
• Highly proficient with Adobe creative suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop and InDesign
• Familiar with Microsoft Office suite, emphasis on Word and Excel
CAST architecture is a small full service architectural firm specializing in residential design and small scale public and commercial works. Our office is friendly and low-key. We enjoy working collaboratively, have a tradition of Friday afternoon design crits, and actively foster a team approach in all of our endeavors. We pride ourselves in promoting a healthy work/life balance and passions and interests outside the office.
Submit a cover letter, resume and samples of design work digitally to employment@CASTarchitecture.com. We will review and respond to everyone by October 30th at the latest.
No phone calls or hand-delivered applications please.